We are looking for a talented Audit Assistant Manager to join our Financial Services team based in London on a permanent full-time basis.
You will lead a substantial number of financial services audits, with a focus on Banking helping to achieve a high standard of client service in an effective manner. You will work collaboratively with the wider team in order to meet the needs of our clients by delivering MHA services with requisite quality control.
At MHA, we pride ourselves on our award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for our staff, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we are able to offer our teams in their respective roles. We are looking for well-motivated and forward-thinking individuals as we continue to expand the financial services team. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
Qualifications and Skills
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified with practice experience
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer literate: good Excel and Word experience.
- CaseWare (accounts and audit) experience would be useful.
- Previous experience of supervising/mentoring junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset but not required
- Strong communication skills: both oral and written, with an ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised: ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Positive and committed to MHA in dealings with staff and clients
A full job specification will be provided.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please make your application and one of the team will be in touch.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.