We have an opportunity for an Assistant Audit Manager to join our Cardiff office. We have a growing, and varied client base across a wide range of sectors and there are lots of opportunities to grow and progress your career with the firm.
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
Qualifications and skills
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with 1+ years post qualification practice experience
- Up to date in CPE and recent developments in accounting standards
- Experience of OMBs covering a range of industries with a focus across accounts, advisory and audit work
- Computer packages - Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage, Xero, QBO, Caseware, VPM and Alphatax
- Management/supervisory experience - the ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Communication - accurate and concise oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organisational skills - the ability to juggle a number of different tasks at once
- Team focused with a strong interest in building and developing the team
- Analytical thinking/problem solving
- Calm and effective under pressure
- Manage change in a positive way
- Project a positive image of MHA
- To sell and promote MHA and the services we provide
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Recognition awards
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.