We are looking for a talented Audit Executive to join our Thames Valley, Maidenhead office on a permanent, full-time basis.
We are looking for well-motivated and forward-thinking individuals. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies, and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
In 2019 alone, we won National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
- Complete audits in accordance with prescribed audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff where required
- Produce detailed audit planning, including details of potential difficulties and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensuring that budgets and deadlines are managed appropriately
- Sign off audit sections and complete the file before passing it on to the senior member of the team for review
- Responsible for final analytical reviews
- Draft letters to clients in relation to the audit/accounts
- Preparation or review of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on key client issues and the contents of the accounts before passing to the senior member of the team
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff - give detailed help and training as required, to enhance future effectiveness
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs, including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job
Qualifications and Skills
- ACA or ACCA, almost qualified with practice experience
- 2-3 years Auditing experience
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit)
- Previous experience of supervising/mentoring junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset, but not required
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Positive and committed to MHA in dealings with staff and clients
For more information, please apply and one of the recruitment team will be in touch.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.