We have an opportunity for an Audit Executive to join our growing team in Cardiff. You will benefit from exposure to a broad range of clients and the opportunity to develop and progress with the firm.
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
You will play an integral role in your department, delivering high quality work and expanding your knowledge and skills across audits and assignments of varying complexity.
You will also be responsible for ensuring key risks are addressed during the audit process, utilising your growing network of specialists for advice when needed.
An Executive will operate as a key member of the team, having built strong relationships with your clients. You will understand your client's business objectives and be able to adapt your advice and provide meaningful solutions that they can put into practice.
You will be expected to start focusing on continuous improvement, looking to differentiate our services through planning, researching best practice and utilising technology in order to provide best in class client service.
You will support the development and engagement of the team, looking for areas of improvement and providing additional support and training where required
Qualifications and skills
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of external audits
- Computer experience - Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines
- Be positive and committed to MHA in dealings with both clients and staff.
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Recognition awards
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.