WHO WE ARE
Here at MHA, we take the time to create great relationships with our clients to become not just their trusted advisers, but valued partners that face the future together.
As a Top 13 firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers, we work in partnership with clients ranging from entrepreneurs and individuals to multi-national corporations. We work together to navigate an ever-changing business world and proactively identify the opportunities that tomorrow presents.
Leveraging our national network of offices, we offer a comprehensive range of financial and business strategy services to clients across the UK, enabling them to achieve profitable growth and build sustainable long-term success.
As a member of Baker Tilly International, we have a global reach that allows us to offer our insight and expertise wherever our clients need us to be. We believe this makes us a national and international partner of choice for entrepreneurs and multi-national enterprises across the world.
Our agile and responsive approach means we are always on hand to have the right conversations about with clients at the right time, allowing us to identify their goals and business needs both now, and in the future.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
You will be leading on a large number of Audits for the client base across the Thames Valley area, this includes businesses, charities, entrepreneurs and educational establishments. The team has a number of long-standing clients, including high profile family businesses as well as large multinationals. You will work collaboratively with the wider team in order to meet the needs of out clients and to maximise the fee income of the portfolio, by delivering MHA Services.
- Complete audits in accordance with prescribed audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff where required
- Produce detailed audit planning, including details of potential difficulties and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensuring that budgets and deadlines are managed appropriately
- Sign off audit sections and complete the file before passing it on to the senior member of the team for review
- Responsible for final analytical reviews
- Draft letters to clients in relation to the audit/accounts
- Preparation or review of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on key client issues and the contents of the accounts before passing to the senior member of the team
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff - give detailed help and training as required, to enhance future effectiveness
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs, including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- ACA or ACCA, almost qualified with practice experience
- 2-3 years Auditing experience
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit)
- Previous experience of supervising/mentoring junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset, but not required
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Positive and committed to MHA in dealings with staff and clients
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Genuine work life balance.
- Accredited Investor in People.
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential.
- Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 days.
- Competitive salary.
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral.
- Paid CSR time.
- Car lease scheme.
- And more!
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.