Our Maidenhead office is looking for an Audit Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The reason for this role, is to back fill promoted staff members; demonstrating the opportunities that are available for driven employees.
While we work with a range of clients within multiple industries. Increasingly we are getting involved with cross-office projects, working with our colleagues across the country and more globally at Baker Tilly International.
As Audit Manager, you will manage a portfolio of clients, meeting the needs of the clients while maximising the fee income of the portfolio, by delivering MHA services. You will also need to effectively manage resources and the workflow in conjunction with our management team.
We are looking for well-motivated and forward-thinking individuals. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies, and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
Who are We?
Here at MHA, we take the time to create great relationships with our clients to become not just their trusted advisers, but valued partners that face the future together.
As a Top 13 firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers, we work in partnership with clients ranging from entrepreneurs and individuals to multi-national corporations. We work together to navigate an ever-changing business world and proactively identify the opportunities that tomorrow presents.
Leveraging our national network of offices, we offer a comprehensive range of financial and business strategy services to clients across the UK, enabling them to achieve profitable growth and build sustainable long-term success.
As a member of Baker Tilly International, we have a global reach that allows us to offer our insight and expertise wherever our clients need us to be. We believe this makes us a national and international partner of choice for entrepreneurs and multi-national enterprises across the world.
Our agile and responsive approach means we are always on hand to have the right conversations about with clients at the right time, allowing us to identify their goals and business needs both now, and in the future.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
In 2019 alone, we won National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
- Plan, control and review client work to ensure that the jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible by allocating the resources available
- Hold pre-audit meetings with clients where appropriate, to establish the events that have had an impact on the business and any areas needing particular attention
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment.
- Review all work received as soon as possible, ensuring that any issues arising are referred back to the audit staff for completion before any outstanding issues are drawn to the attention of the Partner
- Ensure that files are complete and that audit work is sufficient to enable the Partner to form an opinion on the accounts, bearing in mind the balance between cost and benefit
- Monitor work in progress on all jobs within the portfolio, communicating any potential problems and write offs to the Partner’s attention on a timely basis
- Ensure all hours worked on any client are recorded correctly, enabling a true reflection of the profitability of the job to be shown
- Prepare fee schedules and bill for Partner review and approval, explaining any extra charges also identifying and explaining any write offs or profits
- Draft all management letters, finalising of accounts, letters of engagement etc.
- Attend client meetings (where appropriate).
- Complete 6 monthly appraisals and sign off training records for all allocated members of staff ensuring that these are completed to enable staff to be developed and in turn enhance their effectiveness.
- Complete staff review forms after the end of each job identifying any areas needing further development and giving feedback to ensure improved future performance.
- Deal with day to day staff issues which may include holidays, courses, conflicts, quality of work, motivation, monitoring chargeable and non chargeable hours
- Specific office responsibilities e.g. technical contact, specific technical area expert, office accounts, client bank accounts, IT contact, marketing committee, client care committee, maintenance of the office work planner.
Business development, advisory and ad hoc work
- Identify opportunities for additional services that MHA can provide to clients
- Identify and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals
- Ad-hoc project work which may include compliance or value added services
- Be proactive in involving other experts i.e. Corporate Finance, Tax, Financial Services where relevant · Promote and use marketing materials and other such resources
- Coach team members in spotting opportunities and to consider the bigger picture.
Qualifications and Skills
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA (or equivalent)
- more than 3 years post qualification experience is preferred, gained in a practice enviroment
- Up to date in CPE and recent developments in accounting standards
- Experience of OMBs covering a range of industries with a focus across accounts, advisory and audit work
- Computer packages - Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage, Xero, QBO, Caseware, VPM and Alphatax
- Management/supervisory experience - the ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Communication - accurate and concise oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organisational skills - the ability to juggle a number of different tasks at once
- Diplomacy and patience
- Team focussed with a strong interest in building and developing the team
- Analytical thinking/problem solving
- Calm and effective under pressure
- Manage change in a positive way
- Project a positive image of MHA
- To sell and promote MHA and the services we provide
For more information, please apply and one of the recruitment team will be in touch.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.