We have an opportunity for a Business Services Executive to join our Cardiff office. You will join our specialist Healthcare team who provide accounts and tax services to a large portfolio of GPs, hospital doctors and consultants and dentists.
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
- To control, monitor and assist in the preparation of accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met, including supervision of more junior team members working on the assignment.
- Review all work prepared by junior team members, ensuring that any issues arising are referred back to the team for completion before any outstanding issues are drawn to the attention of the Manager
- Ensure assignments are completed, all points cleared prior to the manager for review.
- Provide advice and recommendations to clients in relation to financial reporting matters, assisting the portfolio manager.
- To assist with the processing of data for personal tax returns, to contact HMRC as needed on behalf of clients.
- To assist with the completion of NHS pensions certificates of pensionable profits for GP clients
- Meet deadlines and time budgets.
- Develop and maintain good client relations.
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information.
- Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting and accounting systems in use (including software).
- Ensure all hours worked on any client are recorded correctly, enabling a true reflection of the profitability of the job to be shown
- Monitor the progress of VAT assignments, ensuring that all deadlines are met and that any potential difficulties are brought to the attention of the Manager
- Provided technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of accounting software
- Ad-hoc and on-going assignments involving a single client focus
- Advice on system improvements/enhancements.
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified or part qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- Excellent accounts preparation experience gained within in a practice environment
- Experienced in overseeing assignments, and in the delegation and supervision of staff
- Completely conversant in the use of Xero, Sage, MS Word & Excel
- Working knowledge of PAYE and VAT
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational/time management skills – able to prioritise effectively
- Communication - good written, verbal and active listening skills
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across
- Methodical and logical thinking
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Team player, able to build effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Results orientated, able to achieve consistent deadlines
- Willingness/flexibility to travel.
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Recognition awards
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.