We have an opportunity for a Credit Controller to join our central finance team in our Milton Keynes office. This is a newly created role due to growth of the firm and you will join out friendly and established finance team, playing a key part in ensuring outstanding debt is minimised and any risks are identified.
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
- Collection of outstanding debts for offices within terms of the Credit Policy by phone, email, fax and liaising with Partners/Managers and updating onto VPM notes system and working ledgers
- Office visits to discuss debts and implement action plans.
- Commencing legal action where necessary – raising necessary paperwork and liaising with court offices for office.
- Liaise with Partners/Managers over problem clients and agree action plan to collect debt.
- Posting of daily cash to client accounts on VPM.
- Production of various monthly reports and write off lists
- Review of the monthly bad debt provision for office via VPM reports and liaison with the Partners as requested as central team.
- Production of working ledgers via VPM and Excel for offices.
- Preparing and updating agreements for Premium Credit on assigned clients.
- Completing any claims and related paperwork re Liquidations/Bankruptcy/Receiverships for offices and updating information onto VPM and central ledger
- Matching off unallocated cash and credit notes.
- Obtaining from Partners/Managers list of Statements to be held, and sending out of statement for offices.
- Processing Credit Card payments and reconciling monthly sheet to agree amount received into bank account.
- Production of various reports for Finance Director for Board meetings, etc
Qualifications and skills
- Good IT skills to include Excel, Word, Outlook and accounting system (VPM)
- Sound credit control knowledge
- Good time management skills
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Recognition awards
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.