We have an opportunity for an Independence and Ethics Administrator to join our team at MHA. This is a new position due to growth and will provide firmwide administrative duties to ensure we are completing the relevant checks in a timely and diligent manner.
This role is based at our Milton Keynes office, but we can also consider applications from candidates that are commutable to one of our other MHA office locations (MHA | Our UK network.)
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
- Dealing with international conflict checks submitted by BTI (Baker Tilly International) member firms.
- Issuing international conflict checks on behalf of MHA.
- Dealing with UK conflict checks
- Scope to assist with other compliance matters in the firm, should the above not occupy 100% of the time. For example – assistance with managing the gifts register, AML, carrying out regular reviews and spot checks as well as dealing with other general and ethical compliance tasks.
Qualifications and skills
- Experience of dealing with, or knowledge of, conflict checking procedures (receiving and issuing) at a large or mid-tier firm of accountants.
- A working knowledge of company structures (directors, shareholders, group companies, ultimate parent, subsidiaries, listed shares) and Financial Statements.
- Experience of Microsoft IT applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams).
- Experience of dealing with business databases. Ideally this would include Practice Management Systems (PMS) - used by accounting firms to record professional time on clients and store client’s details.
- Practical/theoretical knowledge of conflicts of interest, professional independence/ethics, and client confidentiality (as they apply to accountancy firms and audit engagements).
- Self-confidence to deal with sending firmwide or all-partner emails and able to communicate with individuals at all levels within the firm.
- General administrative ability and a conscientious/professional approach to work.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail and ability to work to a deadline.
Preferred (but not essential)
- Accountancy qualification - especially AAT (also ICAEW or ACCA, or equivalent)
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Recognition awards
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.