Who we are
Here at MHA, we take the time to create great relationships with our clients to become not just their trusted advisers, but valued partners that face the future together.
As a Top 13 firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers, we work in partnership with clients ranging from entrepreneurs and individuals to multi-national corporations. We work together to navigate an ever-changing business world and proactively identify the opportunities that tomorrow presents.
Leveraging our national network of offices, we offer a comprehensive range of financial and business strategy services to clients across the UK, enabling them to achieve profitable growth and build sustainable long-term success.
As a member of Baker Tilly International, we have a global reach that allows us to offer our insight and expertise wherever our clients need us to be. We believe this makes us a national and international partner of choice for entrepreneurs and multi-national enterprises across the world.
Our agile and responsive approach means we are always on hand to have the right conversations about with clients at the right time, allowing us to identify their goals and business needs both now, and in the future.
Purpose of the role
Extracting and manipulating marketing data to evaluate efficiency of different marketing channels and activity to enable better decision making. Support the marketing team in challenging business problems working on a wide range of data including data mining, customer insights, competitor reports, effect of marketing campaigns, forecasting models, creating new reporting dashboards targeting and segmentation, data flows, integration, and reporting.
- Collect and analyse data on potential clients, competitors, geographical regions and sectors; consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations in line with, and to support sector plans and answer marketing briefs
- Be able to perform valid and reliable market research
- Support the marketing team with designing market research surveys and compiling / analysing results into a report
- Interpret data intelligently, formulate reports, and make recommendations
- Conduct online market research to provide analysis on market trends, competitor analysis, and catalogue findings for reports, proposals and marketing activity requirements
- Making recommendations based on the data collected in line with brief
- Support the marketing team with analysing and producing financial reports in excel
- Bring marketing and data analysis experience and expertise to the table to identify areas for improvement with regard to the firms online marketing activities and support the firm in achieving its goals and improve ROI
- Support marketing in evaluating new ideas and results of their work, providing insights and recommendations
- Analyse quantitative data to turn it into insights so the firm can improve performance marketing and customer experience metrics
- Evaluating and improving business processes and products using accuracy and statistical methods
- Identify and deliver opportunities to support the strategic direction through the better use of data and make recommendations
- Working as a part of a wider marketing team, and supporting their work,
- Work closely with other departments to prepare data-based decision-making
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to produce recommendations for operational measures
- Research new ways of analysing data across the firm.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven working experience as a Market Insight and Research Analyst with marketing related analytics work and performance reporting
- A creative and inquisitive mindset with the ability to offer practical solutions to work situations, always questioning and considering more efficient/effective alternatives
- Highly skilled in manipulating data in Excel for analytical purposes including knowledge and experience of advanced formulas, data transformation, handling large datasets, tables and formatting, conditional formatting etc.
- Experience in presenting findings to varying audiences (technical and non-technical stakeholders) and catering presentation style appropriately
- Knowledge of industry trends and developments including GDPR, Legitimate Interest and Consent based marketing
- Ability to notice patterns within statistics
- Able to work well under pressure and demonstrate a positive and committed attitude to firm
- A strong attention to detail and a clear and concise writing style
- Have strong IT skills and have knowledge of or be keen to learn statistical software packages
- Excellent (spoken and written) communication skills
- Confident presentation skills
What we can offer you
- Genuine work life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 days
- Competitive salary
- Managers bonus scheme available
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.