WHO WE ARE
Here at MHA, we take the time to create great relationships with our clients to become not just their trusted advisers, but valued partners that face the future together.
As a Top 13 firm of chartered accountants, tax, and business advisers, we work in partnership with clients ranging from entrepreneurs and individuals to multi-national corporations. We work together to navigate an ever-changing business world and proactively identify the opportunities that tomorrow presents.
Leveraging our national network of offices, we offer a comprehensive range of financial and business strategy services to clients across the UK, enabling them to achieve profitable growth and build sustainable long-term success.
As a member of Baker Tilly International, we have a global reach that allows us to offer our insight and expertise wherever our clients need us to be. We believe this makes us a national and international partner of choice for entrepreneurs and multi-national enterprises across the world.
Our agile and responsive approach means we are always on hand to have the right conversations about with clients at the right time, allowing us to identify their goals and business needs both now, and in the future.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
We are adding to our Corporate Team focusing on larger multinational clients. This will be supporting London and Thames Valley Partners, although we are flexible on location due to agile working options available.
As a Senior Tax Executive, you will be responsible for providing tax advisory, tax auditing/accounting and some compliance services in support of the Tax Partners to a client portfolio focused on a small number of clients who are listed, household names, or advisory focused.
- Assist in delivering MHA’s tax strategy, with a focus on Tax Auditing and Tax Accounting for the largest clients of the firm
- Spot opportunities with clients
- Generate new leads and win new tax advisory work
- Provide tax advisory services on client portfolios based on a small number of high value clients, maximising fee earning opportunities
- Plan, control, and review work carried out by team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Respond to tax queries from Managers, Partners & Directors, with a focus on large corporate and international matters
- Carry out some advisory work
- Attend client meetings and presentations (where appropriate)
- Correspondence with clients and external agencies
Staff management (where appropriate)
- Ensure trainees receive training relevant to their level of ability
- Actively promote regular use of our various internal tax training resources
- Actively involve junior staff in work
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- CTA (post qualification experience advantageous)
- Current technical knowledge
- Tax Accounting and Tax Auditing experience advantageous
- Large corporate compliance and advisory experience
- General knowledge and understanding of audit and accountancy issues
- IT literate (Excel, Alphatax, and Word)
- Communication – oral and written
- Commercial awareness / client focus / client relationship skills
- People management skills
- Organisational skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Negotiating and influencing
- Ability to manage change
- Team player
- Calm and effective under pressure
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Genuine work life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for succession planning and a supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 days.
- Competitive salary
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4,000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.