WHO WE ARE
Here at MHA, we take the time to create great relationships with our clients to become not just their trusted advisers, but valued partners that face the future together.
As a Top 13 firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers, we work in partnership with clients ranging from entrepreneurs and individuals to multi-national corporations. We work together to navigate an ever-changing business world and proactively identify the opportunities that tomorrow presents.
Leveraging our national network of offices, we offer a comprehensive range of financial and business strategy services to clients across the UK, enabling them to achieve profitable growth and build sustainable long-term success.
As a member of Baker Tilly International, we have a global reach that allows us to offer our insight and expertise wherever our clients need us to be. We believe this makes us a national and international partner of choice for entrepreneurs and multi-national enterprises across the world.
Our agile and responsive approach means we are always on hand to have the right conversations about with clients at the right time, allowing us to identify their goals and business needs both now, and in the future.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Tax Partners, you will also be responsible for the fundamentals of tax compliance, dealing with client communications and leading through to inputting data onto relevant tax software and billings.
Support to Partners
- Provide support to Partners to include (but not limited to) actioning post and incoming emails; general filing including e-mail filing on CCH; printing and collation of documents
- Outlook diary management for Partners to include room bookings at 2LWP for client/contact meetings; travel arrangements; hotel bookings; booking restaurants; booking external venues for team or client meetings as requested
- Field telephone calls for Partners, take messages and act where appropriate
- Action invoices and expenses for Partners
- Assist Partners with background research on clients / potential clients if required.
- Amend and format proposal documents (Word / Excel) and presentation documents (PowerPoint) on request from Partners (or Managers where they are working for the Partner) – including proof- reading
- Collate mail shot letters and marketing materials for Partners using extracts from CCH/VPM
- Assist Partner(s) with project work if requested
- Assist AML Partners and related team with company AML procedures etc.
- Carry out administration duties including (but not limited to) photocopying, printing, scanning, faxing, archiving, and retrieving files, locating missing files, binding of documents, mail redirections for clients registered at 2LWP
- Prepare engagement letters as instructed by Partners/Managers and take relevant action as required
- Ensure fee invoices/bills are prepared and printed on request from the Partners/Managers
- Typing – via shorthand notes or by taking instructions, audio, or copy – letters, accounts, file notes reports and bills including digital transcribing and issuing of letters from system templates
- Complete Anti-Money Laundering (AML) forms following Firm’s AML procedures which may include running or arranging checks on the electronic system (currently LexisNexis/URU) for review by the
- Partner/Manager as required. Request photographic identity or other documents as required from the client
- Return of client records if required by Partner/Manager.
- Arrange and attend meetings and take minutes, arrange room bookings and agendas
- Prepare paperwork for team meetings when requested
- Update VPM / CCH for contact and client details where these are new / amended / need deleting (upon request from Partner/Manager).
- Prepare reports (Excel) for Partner/Manager from time recording system (CCH), when required.
Liaison with Clients and Contacts
- Manage the return of client books if required to do so.
- Take calls / messages from clients and make calls to clients as is required to fulfil the duties above (administration only, not advisory).
- Liaising with different functions in the London office and the wider firm (e.g., IT) as required.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in an office environment with a proven track record of providing administration assistance to individuals and to a team (guideline - 5 years minimum)
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and assertive manner
- Ability to work under pressure when managing several deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and high standards of grammar – verbal and written
- Proven ability to deal with clients, Partners, and all levels of staff.
- Excellent organisational skills using a methodical and flexible approach to tasks.
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft Office i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Transcribing audio skills and typing speed approx. 75 wpm (desirable).
- Clients regarding information required, liabilities, deadlines to be met, returns to be signed, tax saving opportunities
- IT packages (Excel, Tax Software, Word)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Genuine work life balance.
- Accredited Investor in People.
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential.
- Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 days.
- Competitive salary.
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral.
- Paid CSR time.
- Car lease scheme.
- And more!
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.