WHO WE ARE
Here at MHA, we take the time to create great relationships with our clients to become not just their trusted advisers, but valued partners that face the future together.
As a Top 13 firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers, we work in partnership with clients ranging from entrepreneurs and individuals to multi-national corporations. We work together to navigate an ever-changing business world and proactively identify the opportunities that tomorrow presents.
Leveraging our national network of offices, we offer a comprehensive range of financial and business strategy services to clients across the UK, enabling them to achieve profitable growth and build sustainable long-term success.
As a member of Baker Tilly International, we have a global reach that allows us to offer our insight and expertise wherever our clients need us to be. We believe this makes us a national and international partner of choice for entrepreneurs and multi-national enterprises across the world.
Our agile and responsive approach means we are always on hand to have the right conversations about with clients at the right time, allowing us to identify their goals and business needs both now, and in the future.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
As a Personal Tax Assistant Manager, you will deal with OMB’s, Partnerships and high net worth individuals. You will be working with the team in Leicester, including a team of juniors who will need developing and nurturing on their career pathways. The role will be split between compliance and advisory; we are ideally looking for an individual with some experience of tax advisory work although this may only be on limited areas. Most importantly, we are looking for motivated and forward-thinking individuals who are keen to develop their skills and build great relationships with existing and future clients.
- Dealing with the preparation and submission of annual Tax Returns of all delegated clients
- Ensuring all tax returns are compliant with tax regulations
- Liaise with HMRC and clients on all personal tax issues
- Provide tax advice to clients
- Regularly update your tax technical knowledge through continuing professional development
- Positive involvement with tax advisory work relevant to your skill level
- Assist with P11D reviews when required
- Supporting with business development and marketing initiatives
- Supporting more junior members of the team with their development
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- CTA/ACA qualified. We may consider QBE.
- At least 2 years PQE
- Current Technical knowledge
- IT literate (Excel, Word, tax software)
- Communication – oral and written
- Supervisory skills
- Organisational skills
- Client focus/ commercial awareness
- Problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be positive and committed to MHA in dealings with both clients and staff
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Genuine work life balance.
- Accredited Investor in People.
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential.
- Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 days.
- Competitive salary.
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral.
- Paid CSR time.
- Car lease scheme.
- And more!
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.