Real Estate and property accountants
Providing our real estate clients with entrepreneurially minded experts, an agile and proactive approach and international connections to maximise value, minimise costs, address regulatory and risk aspects. We focus on strategic and profitable solutions for clients in order to capitalize on market opportunities and bolster growth in a fast-moving industry.
MHA act for real estate developers, agents, owners and investors from large UK and global private and listed businesses to start ups.
Our industry specialists understand how to navigate this ever changing landscape and draw on our expertise across multiple industries, offering a comprehensive and integrated service bringing together financial and business advisory solutions.
Alongside our core audit, accountancy and tax services, our real estate team can provide advice on:
Corporate tax structures to optimise reliefs and manage risk
Maximising capital allowances
VAT, especially with large or complex property transactions
Stamp Duty Land tax & VAT
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting and accountability
Real Estate Matters - Spring 2023Read more about Real Estate Matters - Spring 2023Read more
Real estate insights & events
Autumn Statement 2023 was a missed opportunity to support more housebuilding
Chancellor should scrap Stamp Duty and incentivise investors to enter buy-to-let market
Finance Directors Construction & Real Estate ForumFull details
VAT visits and inspections – is it the end of the story if HMRC do not find any errors?
Landlords and the current market conditions - A Banking & Finance perspective
Real Estate Matters - Spring 2023Full details
Why partner with MHA?
- We are the UK member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s top 9 networks with 149 member firms
- Our personable and expert team covers all technical areas of the Real Estate market, from tax structuring to VAT
- We place strong and trusted partnerships with our people and our clients at the heart of what we do
- We help our clients lead the way to a fairer and more sustainable future
- We combine deep expertise and global scale with the adaptability and ambition of a challenger brand
- Human connections are at the core of our business; we build mutually successful relationships that withstand the test of time
Our Real Estate team
VAT & Indirect Tax PartnerFull details
Real Estate and property accounting
Our multidisciplinary team of specialists advises on the full array of technical areas impacting the sector, such as tax structuring, VAT, capital allowances, inward/outward investment, finance and Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), helping clients to manage critical real estate accounting, tax and finance issues.
Our specialist knowledge
Our full range of specialist services include:
- Transfer pricing e.g. debt level and pricing, management charges
- Corporate interest restriction/Public infrastructure exemption
- Regulatory and statutory compliance for UK and non-UK funds
- Corporate finance including fund raising and refinancing
- Corporate restructuring
- Financial and tax due diligence
- Transaction structuring and support
- NRL income tax and corporate tax returns for investment portfolios
- Structuring inward/outbound investment including fund structures
- Outsourcing of financial accounting and reporting
- Investment structure advice with tax optimisation