Our retail specialists national reach, international connections and local knowledge, coupled with our entrepreneurial drive, will help you navigate the complex and ever moving tax landscape, digital evolution, and your omnichannel fulfilment strategies.
Retailers need to rapidly respond to the changing business environment and the complexities that come with it. Our agile and dynamic specialists can help our clients successfully evolve, grow, optimise opportunities and bring in other experts when necessary to help with aspects such as sustainability and ESG.
Our retail accounting team advise on:
Business planning and advisory
Support in accessing funding
Taxation – international tax, transfer pricing, restructuring, VAT and custom duties
Tax and audit compliance
Retail Insight and Events
Autumn Statement 2023: A review of Plastic Packaging Tax
EU measures to restrict microplastics in cosmetics
UK announces its firsts Plastic Packaging Tax statistics
Germany introduce Plastic Packaging Tax from January 2024
Understanding the UK Taxation Landscape in the Metaverse
PODCAST - Employee Ownership Trusts: the tax benefits may be limited!
Why partner with MHA?
- We act locally but think globally, we are the UK member of Baker Tilly International one of the world’s top 9 networks with 145 member firms.
- We provide expert advice on maximising the efficiency of supply chains, reducing costs and improving margins so businesses can survive and thrive amidst the sector’s ‘price wars’.
- We build strong and enduring partnership with our people and our clients.
- We’re focused on ensuring growth and sustainability go hand in hand so that together we can build a more fair and sustainable future.
Our retail team
Retail & Consumer, Corporate and International Tax PartnerFull details
Audit PartnerFull details
Tax PartnerFull details
Technology, data security, supply chain disruption and competitor ‘price wars’ are causing retailers to review their business models and look for efficiencies.
Our retail and consumer team can provide a full range of advisory, tax and accounting services to help our clients successfully develop their businesses to not only deal with the changing retail environment, but thrive in it.
From growing entrepreneurial owner-managed-businesses (OMBs) to household names, we’ve been advising and guiding accounting and business strategy in the retail sector for many years. We have helped clients grow, diversify and expand internationally.
That experience includes professional retail accounting advice for retail and wholesale businesses, from the high street to online retailers.
Our team advises on:
- Employment issues, capital allowances, currency volatility and tax mitigation
- Planning for intellectual property and branding
- Maximising the efficiency of the supply chain; reducing costs and improving margins
- Advising on both governance issues to best attract investment, and on minimising fraud and corruption risk
- Understanding the impact of business rates and other obligations on bricks and mortar shops
- Addressing the impacts of Brexit on imported goods, including rules of origin
- Handling e-commerce VAT for online retailers serving the UK and worldwide markets
- ESG and sustainability strategies