In our interconnected world with an on-demand culture, transport and logistics has become one of the most relied-upon global business sectors with unique opportunities and challenges. Organisations operating in these sectors require specialist advice.
MHA has a hugely experienced team in the distribution and logistics industry meaning that we fully understand the complexities for businesses operating within this industry. We use our global reach and entrepreneurial drive to help transport and logistics companies make the most of opportunities for growth and to become profitable and efficient businesses that help keep our world turning.
Our expert team’s wide-ranging skillset enables us to support our clients in this changing and demanding sector. We have the national coverage and international reach to support the strategic plans of our clients, whether they are family haulage businesses, national courier firms, or international shipping groups.
Our Distribution and Logistics accounting team’s expertise covers many areas including:
We advise on warehouse capacity and ownership structure
Fleet financing and contract margin reviews
HR support and management team incentives
Business integration and succession planning
For property, businesses and individuals
Post-Brexit rules and compliance on VAT and excise duties
Distribution and Logistics Insight and Events
Government must learn lessons from past investment zones
Customs Talks: Inward Processing – It’s all about accurate data!
Thyssenkrupp Materials v HMRC – risks for Inward Processing Relief non-compliance
Customs compliance audit risks for UK importers and exporters
- We act locally but think globally, we are the UK member of Baker Tilly International with advisers in 145 countries and we support both UK-based and foreign-owned operations.
- We’re connected: we have close ties with sector organisations such as UK Trade & Investment and links to property professionals and commercial property lawyers.
- We are trusted advisors to our clients who range from SMEs through to major international companies.
- We are structured along international lines to provide the best advice for our shipping clients.
- We help clients solve big business challenges through our team-based approach.
- We think long-term and are focused on developing lasting relationships with our clients.
Our Distribution and Logistics team
Transport & Logistics, PartnerFull details
Tax PartnerFull details
VAT & Indirect Tax PartnerFull details
Customs Duty & Indirect Tax ConsultantFull details
Customs Duty ManagerFull details
A partner for transport and logistics businesses
MHA’s Distribution and logistics team provides expert support in profitability, property management and staffing incentives in addition to regular assurance and tax services. We have a real understanding of areas specific to this sector from fleet financing to advice on driver status and driver allowances. Our UK clients include freight, brokerage, charter, and shipping organisations.
Our team helps firms get the most out of their warehouses. We advise on growing capacity, ownership structure and know how to maximise capital allowances. In addition, we provide:
- Financing and bank support
- Advice and support on VAT
- Links to property professionals and commercial property lawyer
We assist our clients with HR functions and payroll in addition to:
- Driver status advice
- Driver allowances
- Management team incentives
We’re commercially minded advisers and have a wealth of experience advising on business integration and deal negotiation. We also offer:
- Family succession planning
- Outsourced finance director services
- Business valuations and due diligence
- Support on shareholder interaction
The UK remains a significant presence in the shipping sector. It’s responsible for the movement of the bulk of our international trade. As a member of the Baker Tilly International network, we are structured along international lines to provide the best advice to our shipping clients.
For foreign-owned operations we can provide:
- Fully outsourced support functions, including accounts, tax, payroll and HR
- Tonnage tax compliance services
- VAT and duty advice and compliance services
- Expat employment tax advice