Providing our motor dealer clients with a proactive approach, extensive knowledge of the industry, international connections and an innovative mindset to mitigate risks, improve efficiencies and maximise opportunities.
MHA acts for specialists and are trusted advisers to many motor dealer groups. We offer sector leading Audit, Tax Compliance and Advisory, Strategic Planning and Corporate Finance services.
Our dealerships team advise on:
Audit and assurance
Tax planning and compliance including SAO and CCO, PAYE, Company Cars, Capital Allowances on Dealership property and VAT
Business Planning, Strategy development and restructuring
Corporate Finance and Transaction Services including Due Diligence and Dealer Valuations
Energy Planning and ESG Strategy and Compliance
Motor Dealership Insight and Events
Positive measures announced for the Automotive sector in the Autumn Statement
Chancellor's Autumn Statement fails to illuminate the UK’s Green Future
The Chancellor must support widespread Electric Vehicle adoption
National Insurance on Car Allowances - A refund opportunity?
What's next for the UK governments plan to decarbonise road transport?
MHA Automotive ForumFull details
Why partner with MHA?
- We build strong and enduring relationships with our people and our clients, we strive to be trusted and commercially-minded advisors.
- We are part of one of the world’s top 9 international networks as the UK member of Baker Tilly International: we have access to 41,234 professionals in 145 territories worldwide.
- We have extensive relationships with retail groups, manufacturers and suppliers across the sector.
- We are ambitious for our clients; we are not afraid to speak up when we see a better solution.
Our Motor Dealerships team
Automotive and Transport PartnerFull details
Automotive Advisory, PartnerFull details
Tax PartnerFull details
Tax DirectorFull details
Audit and Accounts ManagerFull details
Our dealerships and advisory team
We have a proactive approach and extensive knowledge of the industry. We provide thought leadership and remain at the forefront of key issues facing the sector.
The team runs sector-specific and focused update events, such as the MHA Motor FD Forum and the Berkhamsted Motor Club. This enables us to actively engage with owners of retail groups, manufacturers and other advisers in the sector on a broad range of business issues, identifying ways to proactively support them with strategic, operational, cost reduction, risk and compliance agendas.
Additional service areas include:
- Banking and Investment Brokerage
- Business support: providing health checks, deal file and month-end reporting, and other process reviews, including FCA and cyber security.
- Transactional tax advice and exit planning including property structuring and demergers
- Shareholder wealth including Enterprise Ownership Trust and Employee Share Schemes and inheritance tax planning