Providing clients with commercially minded experts who can provide advice and insight at every stage of a transaction, no matter how complex through to completion. Whether buying or selling we have the strength and resources of a global network, and our team puts clients’ ambitions at the centre of everything they do to ensure the end result is always kept in sight.
MHA act for businesses that range from family-owned business, SME’s to multinational listed companies. Our award-winning corporate finance specialists are highly driven to maximise the value of the deal for our clients. We are one of the UK’s most active M&A teams by deal volume for transactions in the lower mid-market and mid-market delivering deals up to £100m in value.
We provide advice across a wide range of activities including:
We provide a range of core and specialist services covering acquisition, disposals, Employee Ownership Trusts and share purchase agreements.
M&A Strategic Advisory & Business Planning
Our partner-led teams will deploy deep transactional expertise, and relevant sector knowledge to guide you on strategy and tactics to achieve your objectives.
Transaction Services & Due Diligence
We deliver informative due diligence reports in ‘plain speak’ which are underpinned by comprehensive analysis, and we make commercial recommendations on how risks can be mitigated and managed in a transactional context.
Our teams of highly experienced advisors have the expertise and insight to help clients reach the next stage of their growth.
Our dedicated capital markets team has considerable experience working with companies already listed or considering a flotation.
Structure, negotiate commercial and financial terms, and deliver management buyouts, management buy-ins, and combination buy-in management buy-outs.
We cover all aspects of valuing companies and can help you solve any issues and provide the right advice to meet your goals.
With our extensive UK and international networks our team can help source the right buyer for your business.
Latest Deals & Transactions
MHA act as reporting accountants for R.E.A. Holdings plc (REA) to reduce the group’s net indebtedness while it continues to invest in its oil palm operations
MHA act as reporting accountants for R.E.A Holdings PLC
MHA Corporate Finance team facilitates Ipsos' strategic acquisition of Jarmany, reinforcing data analytics capabilities
MHA Corporate Finance team facilitates Ipsos' Strategic Acquisition of Jarmany
MHA acts as reporting accountants on the transition of AdvancedAdvT Ltd to the AIM Market
MHA acts as reporting accountants on the transition of AdvancedAdvT Ltd to the AIM Market
MHA advises Global Auto Holdings on the acquisition of Lookers PLC
MHA advises Global Auto Holdings on the acquisition of leading UK motor retail and aftersales service group, Lookers PLC.
- We’re award-winning Our high-profile accolades include the coveted Insider Dealmaker Awards, the Game Changer Awards, the Corporate International Global Awards, the Finance Monthly CEO Awards and the Advisory Excellence Awards.
- We’re partner-led Taking a dedicated approach to building a trusted-advisor client relationship founded on integrity and dependability, we are passionate about applying a bold and creative mindset to working with and supporting our clients. We drive our transactions to conclusion, overcoming obstacles along the way to ensure the best value for our clients.
- We’re connected We have proven experience in advising clients from a range of sectors including health and social care, software and technology, industry and business services. Our extensive network of contacts, spanning private and listed companies, private equity and family office investors, as well as high street and niche debt providers allows us to maximise the probability of a successful outcome for your project.
- We're international We are the UK member firm of Baker Tilly International – the world’s ninth largest global advisory group, which means our teams of specialist advisors have extensive experience of working with businesses carrying out cross-border trading. We have access to specialist advisors and experts in 145 territories. So, whether you are an international company seeking new markets, or growing domestic business ready to expand overseas, we believe in the power of our unparalleled relationships with the global network to deliver results for your business.
Strong fundamentals drive M&A prospects in the TICC sectorFull details
Management buyout: Key tax issues for business owners
2024 predictions for the Automotive Industry
What is happening in M&A in the mid-market?
Navigating Complex Transactions in the Life Sciences Sector
Selling your Business: Corporate Finance Advisor vs Broker
M&A transactions present an opportunity to realise, preserve, or accelerate growth of a shareholder value, as well as to embed operational growth and transformation. As an experienced and passionate M&A team, we provide a range of core and specialist services including:
- Disposals: selling your business
- M&A strategic advisory and exit planning
- Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) structuring and implementation
- Share purchase agreement (SPA) completion mechanism negotiation and advisory
- Carve-out divestitures
Our M&A advisory team takes a partnership-based approach and strives to apply a bold and creative mindset to working with and supporting our clients. We apply analytical rigour to deliver consummately professional strategic, financial, and commercial advice on M&A deals.
Acquiring or investing in companies always involves information asymmetry and risk. Objective due diligence has a strong role to play in facilitating a buyer or investor to identify, manage, and mitigate risk as well as to help validate strategic, financial, operational, and broader commercial assumptions.
Our team provide succinct and informative reports which are underpinned by comprehensive analysis and commercial recommendations on how risk can be mitigated and managed in a transactional context.
- Financial due diligence
- Tax due diligence
- Cross-border transactions
- Vendor due diligence and vendor assistance
- Completion accounts
- Financial model building and model reviews
- Post-deal planning
Capital Markets & Financial Advisory Services
Our dedicated capital markets team has considerable experience working with companies already listed, or considering a flotation, on a range of international markets including the London Stock Exchange Main Market (Premium and Standard), the AIM Market, AQUIS, TISE, NASDAQ & OTC, ASX, SGX, HKEK, Bursa Malaysia, TSX and TSX-V.
For those already listed on a capital market, we provide assurance and advisory services within independence rules and guidance. For companies considering an IPO, our Capital Markets team regularly provides independent and objective advice on the options and alternatives available and offer investor-ready services to help clients best prepare for market admission and act as reporting accountants on the transaction.
Reporting accountants – full range of services to support the IPO
- Investor-ready review
- External and internal audit
- Financial reporting advisory
- Tax compliance and advisory
- Sustainability advisory
- Regulatory consulting
- Forensic services
Our team can help you to structure, negotiate commercial and financial terms, and deliver management buy-outs, management buy-ins and combination buy-in management buy-outs. We can also introduce an equity partner and negotiate funding terms to deliver a management-led transaction, as well as raise debt as an exclusive source of funding, or alongside equity to deliver a management-led transaction.
In a fast-moving and unpredictable economic climate, raising finance can be a challenge for businesses, whatever their priorities. Our team have an extensive network of contacts across private equity and debt finance to help you find the right solution and partner for your business.
We have the expertise and insight to help clients reach the next stage of their growth. We will guide you through this complex market, whatever the size or structure of your business and whatever your finance needs.
Our team can help you to:
- Raise equity through our network of venture capital trust, private equity and family office contacts to introduce primary capital to fund growth, or secondary capital for full and partial equity release
- Raise debt to fund
- Venture debt advisory
Specialist independent valuations and opinions our crucial to help a business take the right next step. Our team of valuation experts provide skilled analysis and expert opinion for either buying or selling a business.
Our valuations services cover:
- EMI option valuations
- Growth shares
- Court appointed & joint single expert
- Shareholder disputes
- Purchase price allocation
Our corporate finance team
Corporate Finance PartnerFull details
Corporate Finance Partner and Transaction Services LeaderFull details