Bringing local knowledge combined with global scale to represent clients from all corners of the entertainments and sports sectors, from self-employed individuals to large scale organisations.
The vast entertainment, media and sports landscape calls for accountants that understand these unique industries. Whether it is funding a production, assisting with grants and applications or knowing what can be claimed for tax purposes, MHA is here to help.
From supporting those starting out in film, television or theatre, to established media personalities and companies, our dynamic team covers all aspects of self-employment, limited companies and partnerships.
At MHA, our team of industry experts represent a wide variety of media, entertainment & sports clients from actors, writers and musicians, to players and managers. We also work closely with agents, managers and financial advisers to offer an all-round service to our clients, and are proud members of Baker Tilly International, allowing us to provide international support.
Our Media, Entertainment and Sports accounting team can advise on many areas including:
Tax planning and advisory – Income and Corporation taxes
VAT and inheritance tax planning
Not from around here? – we can advise on residency and other issues
Enterprise Investment Schemes
Double Tax Treaty forms and Certificates of Coverage
Applications for Art council and Local Authority funding
Why partner with MHA?
- MHA is the UK member firm of Baker Tilly International, ranked 9th globally. We operate in 145 countries and have specialists ready to deploy.
- We deal with all aspects of film, television and theatre, advising on issues affecting each generation.
- We think the path to long-term growth is through embracing change and we help clients to challenge their thinking and find ways to do things differently.
- Human connections are at the core of our business; we build mutually successful relationships that withstand the test of time.
Our Media, Entertainment and Sports team
Management services ManagerFull details
Audit ManagerFull details
Professional Sports Accountants
We work with a wide range of individuals and companies involved in many sporting sectors, including motor racing teams, football and rugby clubs and individual football and rugby players.
Our Media, Entertainment and Sports Team are experts in the industry and we deliver a full range of business advisory services to both corporate clients and individuals.
We provide a partner-led service of business advisory services integrated with a deep understanding of the industry and an unrivalled network of experience.
Working in partnership with you, we can help you achieve your commercial and personal strategic ambitions and take advantage of future market opportunities.
How our experts can help you
Our media entertainment and sports industry specific services include:
- Accounting services and statutory audits.
- UK income and capital gains tax, and UK corporation tax compliance.
- Advice on the effective exploitation of image rights.
- International tax advice for businesses and individuals including withholding tax advice, social security clearances and overseas work day reliefs.
- VAT compliance and advice.
- Foreign entertainers tax compliance.
- Corporate finance services, including financial and tax due diligence.