Our deep expertise and global scale make us the ideal partner for UK travel and tourism businesses.
If you’re a travel company there’s plenty to keep you occupied without having to worry about accounting and compliance. Our agile and dynamic team see opportunities where others see challenges.
Our travel and tourism accounting team advise on:
Maintaining cash flow and profitability through difficult times
Business planning, disposals and acquisitions
International VAT compliance
Transfer pricing assistance
Click below to download the latest Focus on sheet
Travel and Tourism Insight and Events
Navigating the VAT Fairway: MHA's Recent Appeal Sheds Light on the Future of Golf Holidays and EU Law in the UK
Webinar: TOMS saves rent-to-rent business modelFull details
First Tier Tax Tribunal ruling on TOMS VAT could save rent-to-rent business model
New EU VAT rules for accommodation rentals and passenger transport
EU changes for UK tour operators
TOMS for serviced accommodation under attack by HMRC
Why partner with MHA?
- We’re connected internationally – we’re the UK member of Baker Tilly International and we draw on the expertise of 41,234 professionals in 145 territories worldwide.
- We’re determined to help our clients grow back stronger following the shock of Covid-19; we’re ambitious and commercially-minded and know now is not the time to stand still.
- We believe in building strong and enduring partnerships with our people and our clients.
- We have specialist travel knowledge – we are one of the leading experts on the complex VAT calculations required for the Tour Operator’s Margin Scheme (TOMS) and also specialise in licensing requirements.
Our travel and tourism team
Our accounting services
MHA’s expert travel team draws on vast experience across the sector and the knowledge of our international colleagues and partners in the Baker Tilly International.
Travel and tourism firms don’t need to be told they face threats and challenges. The sector was one of the hardest hit by the pandemic and energy costs, global tensions and the need to transition to net-zero all rightly dominate our thinking. However, these are opportunities as well as challenges.
MHA’s entrepreneurial team helps with the day-to-day running and strategic development of businesses, including taxation, audit and regulatory requirements, as well as business planning and preparations for the next disruption to the industry.
Our clients and partners range from SME travel agencies to tour operators and travel management companies. MHA’s expert team knows the specific nuances of the travel and tourism industry. We can work with you on:
- Dealing with employment tax issues and the engagement of workers
- Licensing and protection support including ATOL, ABTA, IATA and TTA
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) requirements such as the APC
- Completion of travel sector regulators annual accountant's reports (such as CAA, ABTA, ABTOT)
- BSP data audits
- VAT accounting and mitigation – we have VAT specialists who can help with the complex Tour Operators’ Margin Scheme (TOMS) calculations