HR support for Leisure & Hospitality
Posted on: May 27th 2021 · read
Outsourcing your HR needs to specialists allows you to access the knowledge and expertise of senior HR professionals at a fraction of the cost of employing a full-time resource in house. Trusting experts to deal with your business’s Employment Law matters will give you the peace of mind that everything is handled in line with the latest legislation and good practice.
Let us use our HR experts to provide innovative and flexible solutions for your Company when you need them.
Our efficient service and professional advice give you peace of mind that your workforce is being managed effectively, leaving you to focus on running your organisation.
It has been a particularly difficult year for the Leisure and Hospitality sector. You may have placed employees on furlough under the Job Retention Scheme. You may unfortunately have had to make some redundancies. Pubs and restaurants are now being allowed to re-open indoors, along with hotels, hostels and B&Bs; however, you will still face challenges which are very different from pre-lockdown, introducing safety measures to reduce transmission of Coronavirus such as table-service, disposable menus or ordering via apps with the “one metre plus” rule in place.
This will mean a big learning curve for you and your employees as we move towards the ‘new normal’. You may need to consider how to manage “un-furloughing” your workers to maintain optimal operational performance and fairness to all employees, and how best to service phased customer activity and associated staffing levels. As you battle to get your business back on track, you may also be wondering what employment legislation changes have been introduced which will impact your business.
We understand that dealing with these matters in house is not always an option.
The nature of the Leisure and Hospitality sector has always meant unsociable hours, and unpredictable shift patterns are likely to contribute to high turnover and poor retention or performance. During peak season, be it summer holidays, or Christmas time, you require employees to be available at all times and to only take holiday outside of the peak season due to business needs. Whatever the matter, these issues have employment law implications for you.
How HR Solutions can help
- We can assist you with implementing phased return and part-time working policies to suit your organisation.
- We can advise you on the employment law changes that have come into effect in the last 12 months and how they will affect your business.
- We can draft appropriate Contract of Employment templates, incorporating wording in respect of hours of work, shift-patterns, when employees can take holiday, temporary shortages of work etc.
- We can advise you on working time issues e.g. rest breaks, daily and weekly rest, and Workforce Agreements in respect of working hours; and calculation of holiday pay where regular overtime is worked.
- We can provide you with an Employee Handbook with additional policies as required in order to set out to your employees the behaviours expected of them.
As your business returns to normal, bigger projects may come your way. HR Solutions can give you peace of mind that everything is handled in a compliant way and in the best possible manner for the business as well.
You may be acquiring or merging with another business and are worried about what the TUPE Regulations will mean for you. Or you may need to restructure your organisation and need assistance with the consultation process.
Our HR Solutions team has the skills and experience to advise and support you during any consultation process.
Download our advice sheet below to find out how we can help or get in contact with a member of the team here
HR support for Leisure Hospitality