Management of Clients
- To look after a range of clients, preparing assignments for partner/director review (accounts, tax, briefing notes etc).
- To co-ordinate compliance service delivery to clients and ensure that information is collected in the most efficient manner, timetabling work wherever possible to suit the needs of the client.
- To ensure that compliance deadlines are met and to liaise with tax staff to ensure work is appropriately planned.
- To ensure that jobs are adequately resourced, giving due regard to staff continuity where possible.
- To identify opportunities for providing other relevant services.
- To highlight issues which the partner needs to discuss with the client.
- To consult with partner/director on contentious issues
- To plan the approach to assignments following partner briefing, having agreed fee budget and completion deadline with partner.
- To collate raw data for projects and summarise into a format suitable for review and amendment e.g. first draft projections, first draft reports.
- To maintain accurate and up to date client records on CCH.
- To produce file notes of any client meetings attended and circulate as appropriate to other service team members.
- To maintain regular contact with client and client service team.
- To report any client dissatisfaction immediately via the complaints database.
- To look for opportunities to mitigate tax liabilities
- To ensure clients receive notice of future tax liabilities in a timely fashion
Management of Work Flow
- To plan own time and that of others to maximise staff utilisation and deliver a timely and efficient service to clients.
- To work flexibly, where required to accommodate the needs of the whole department
- To arrange pre-completion meetings with partners/directors and completion meetings with clients on a timely basis.
- To review work in progress, debtors and fee budgets on a monthly basis, reporting any variances from target to the relevant partner/director/senior manager.
- To identify any underutilisation of staff to the relevant person.
- To flag up potential bottle necks in good time to the relevant person.
- Assists in managing the workflow of the department.
- Management of Team Members
- To give clear and unambiguous instructions to staff on assignments.
- To provide feedback to staff at the end of assignments, using the appropriate documentation.
- To encourage all team members to make useful contributions.
- To identify when staff members need support, and provide it, referring issues where appropriate to the relevant director/partner.
- To ensure staff feel supported, valued and appreciated.
- Line manager responsibility. Ability to use coaching
- To communicate the firm’s values and objectives both externally and internally in a positive and motivational manner.
- To ensure partners/director/senior manager is fully briefed well in advance of key meetings and presentations.
- To liaise with staff in other departments where applicable to provide holistic solutions-based client service.
- Contributes as a team player.
- Builds relationships with intermediaries and looks for business development opportunities.
- To take an active role in own personal development.
- To manage personal time and working practices to maximise profitability and protect the good reputation of the firm.
- To maintain the highest standards of personal organisation, setting an example to more junior members of staff.
Key performance indicators
- Annual chargeable hours target.
- Annual budgeted and unbudgeted fee target.
- Maintenance of work in progress and debtor levels.
- Achievement of quarterly job completion deadlines and monitoring of budget vs actual performance.
- All compliance deadlines are met.
- Continuous review and improvement of service provision.
- Referral targets.
- Retention of motivated staff.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications required
- Up to date technical knowledge of Auditing and Financial Reporting Standards.
- Is technically competent and compliant and gives due consideration to risk.
- Awareness of departmental objectives and key performance indicators.
- Good knowledge of the firm’s services and product offering.
- Knowledge of student competencies framework and CPD programme.
- Builds effective relationships internally across departments and externally.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Appropriate computer software skills.
- Appropriate written and oral communication skills both internally and externally.
- Is able to produce realistic projections and comment on draft projections versus historic accounts.
- Works as a team and considers the needs of the whole department.
- Is a positive influence within the team and deals with problems/issues constructively.
- Asks for feedback on own performance and seeks out opportunities for development.
- Develops others via motivational feedback.
- Plans to makes effective use of time and consistently meets deadlines.
- Generates ideas for clients and for the firm.
- Sets SMART objectives.
- Able to research and present findings.