- To prepare assignments to strict deadlines (accounts, tax, briefing notes), reporting either directly to director/partner or on more complex assignments to senior manager.
- To liaise with the director/partner or manager to organise assignments (book with clients and organise staff).
- To use allocated staff and provide appropriate supervision.
- To liaise in particular with relevant departments to make sure compliance work is planned at the right time.
- Collate project raw data and summarise into suitable format for review (e.g. first draft projections/reports).
- Prepare assignments for director/partner review (accounts, tax, briefing notes for partner/director).
- Highlight issues which the director/partner needs to discuss with the client.
- Assist with arranging pre-completion meetings with managers/directors/partners and completion meetings with clients on timely basis.
- Contribute to managing fee targets, prepare budgets and bills for director/partner approval.
- Plan own and others time to maximum efficiency.
- Give clear and unambiguous instructions to staff on assignments.
- Seek feedback for self and provide junior staff with feedback at the end of the assignments using the Firm's IPD framework documentation.
- Identify when staff members may need support, provide support and refer issues where appropriate to relevant line manager.
- To manage personal time and working practices to maximize profitability and protect the good reputation of the firm.
- To maintain the highest standards of personal organisation, setting an example to more junior members of staff.
- Comply with the firm’s policies, procedures and ethical standards. Spot opportunities to introduce other services.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications required
- Up to date technical knowledge of Auditing and Financial Reporting Standards and the firm’s software packages.
- Awareness of departmental objectives and key performance indicators.
- Awareness of the firm’s services and product offering.
- A sound general understanding of auditing and accounting principles.
- Ability to use sector software, in particular accounts prep, Excel, Word and e-mail systems.
- To be able to draft letters which are commercially sensible and appropriate to the client's situation.
- Adapt to different audiences and able to thoroughly research available data and present findings in a way which can be understood by both clients and staff.
- Effective communication skills, including feedback/coaching, supervisory skills.
- To be able to establish client needs.
- To use data gathered to analyse client circumstances.
- To be able to provide answers to client questions in a manner and pace appropriate to their needs.
- Possess the ability to communicate with and report directly to partners or senior member of staff.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Be solutions focused.
- Willingness and ability to motivate a team of staff, including junior/student members of staff.
- Accounts Senior Responsibilities