We have an opportunity for an Accounts Executive or Senior to join our Swansea office. The firm is growing which means there is lots of opportunity to progress.
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
You will undertake preparation of statutory financial statements, outsourcing functions at clients, preparation of management accounts, and preparation of VAT returns for clients, ensuring deadlines and proper
accounting standards are met.
In addition to the technical aspects of the role, you will play an integral role in your department, delivering high quality work for clients and expanding your knowledge and skills. You will build strong relationships with your clients and understand their business so you can provide meaningful solutions.
You will start to focus on continuous improvement as well as supporting the development and engagement of the junior members of the team.
Qualifications and skills
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified or approaching qualification with practice experience
- Good up to date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Experience with demonstrable knowledge of producing year end financial statements, management accounts and completing VAT returns
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of cloud based accounting systems such as Xero, Sage and Quickbooks
- Commercially aware and client focussed
- Experience of supervising / mentoring more junior members of staff
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Recognition awards
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.