We have an opportunity for an Accounts Manager to join our Swansea office. We are growing which means there is lots of opportunity to develop and progress with the firm.
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
- Portfolio Management, plan, control and review of client work to ensure that jobs are completed efficiently and effectively as possible
- Team Management, day to day line management, allocation of work, identifying development needs and completing staff reviews and feedback
- Business Development, advisory and ad hoc work, identifying opportunities to offer additional services to clients, identifying new clients through networking and client referrals and coaching team members to do the same
Qualifications and skills
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience in external accounts and general practice
- Up to date in CPE and recent developments in accounting standards
- Experience working with OMBs and other corporates and partnerships covering a range of industries
- Competent user of MS Excel & Word. Experience of Xero, Quickbooks, Sage, CaseWare and tax software preferred
- Demonstrable ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a leader
- Client focus and able to think commercially – able to seek out opportunities within the portfolio
- Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organisational skills – the ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities
- Diplomacy and patience
- Able to understand complex business issues and offer practical solutions
- Manages change in a positive way
- Project a positive image of MHA
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Recognition awards
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.