We have an opportunity for a driven, ambitious Audit Manager to join our Milton Keynes office, part of our central region with other well established offices in Northampton and Peterborough. We have a growing, and varied client base across a wide range of sectors and there are lots of opportunities to grow and progress your career with the firm.
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
Your responsibilities include
- Portfolio management; plan, control and review client work to ensure that the jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible by allocating the resources available
- Staff management; ensure that trainee have exposure to a variety of jobs, complete appraisals and sign off training records, and deal with day to day management
- Business advisory / adhoc work; identify opportunities, target new clients through networking, adhoc project work and be involved in tenders and presentations
Qualifications and skills
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of external audits
- Computer experience - Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines
- Be positive and committed to MHA in dealings with both clients and staff.
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Recognition awards
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.