Here at MHA, we take the time to create great relationships with our clients to become not just their trusted advisers, but valued partners that face the future together.
As a Top 13 firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers, we work in partnership with clients ranging from entrepreneurs and individuals to multi-national corporations. We work together to navigate an ever-changing business world and proactively identify the opportunities that tomorrow presents.
Leveraging our national network of offices, we offer a comprehensive range of financial and business strategy services to clients across the UK, enabling them to achieve profitable growth and build sustainable long-term success.
As a member of Baker Tilly International, we have a global reach that allows us to offer our insight and expertise wherever our clients need us to be. We believe this makes us a national and international partner of choice for entrepreneurs and multi-national enterprises across the world.
Our agile and responsive approach means we are always on hand to have the right conversations about with clients at the right time, allowing us to identify their goals and business needs both now, and in the future.
Overseeing of audit assignments, ensuring deadlines are met and within compliance of necessary regulations. Completing assignments and handing to Manager for review. Finalising assignments after Manager and Partner review.
- Produce a detailed audit planning memorandum, including details of any potential difficulties that may have been encountered during previous audits and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence, discuss with Partner/Manager.
- Allocate sections to junior staff, briefing on expectations and addressing their queries.
- Complete audits in accordance with MHA audit procedures, with assistance from more Senior members of staff.
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and timeframe.
- Check and supervise the work of more junior staff both onsite and in office and complete any sections as necessary.
- Ensure all hours worked on any client are recorded correctly, enabling a true reflection of the profitability of the job to be shown.
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the Manager/Partner for review.
- Drafting client letters.
Qualifications and Skills
- ACA or ACCA finalists with practice experience.
- Competent planning and completion skills.
- Computer experience – Competency with Excel, Word and other standardized software Caseware, Sage, Quickbooks and Xero experience is desirable.
- Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff (12 months plus experience)
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards.
- Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments.
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks.
- Client focused.
- Commercially aware.
- Team building skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Be positive and committed to MHA in dealings with both clients and staff.
What we can offer you
- Genuine work life balance.
- Accredited Investor in People.
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential.
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 days.
- Competitive salary.
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral.
- Paid CSR time.
- Car lease scheme.
- And more!
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.