Clients and CRM
- To look after a range of clients, preparing assignments for partner/director review (accounts, tax, briefing notes etc).
- To co-ordinate compliance service delivery to clients and ensure that information is collected in the most efficient manner, timetabling work wherever possible to suit the needs of the client.
- To ensure that compliance deadlines are met and to liaise with tax staff to ensure work is appropriately planned.
- To ensure that jobs are adequately resourced, giving due regard to staff continuity where possible.
- To identify opportunities for providing other relevant services.
- To highlight issues which the partner/director needs to discuss with the client.
- To plan the approach to assignments following partner/director briefing, having agreed fee budget and completion deadline.
- To collate raw data for projects and summarise into a format suitable for review and amendment e.g. draft projections, draft reports.
- To maintain accurate and up to date client records on CCH.
- To generate file notes of any client meetings attended and circulate as appropriate to other service team members.
- To maintain regular contact with client and client service team.
- To report any client dissatisfaction immediately via the complaints database.
- Communicate the firms values
- Assist partner and directors in promoting the firm’s reputation and growing fees.
- Assist with preparation of tender proposals and delivery of tender presentations.
- Develop relationships with intermediaries and other relevant external parties.
Sector expertise (if applicable)
- Has high level of technical knowledge in one or more specialist sectors.
- Takes responsibility for CPD in particular area or expertise.
- Assists partners and directors in working with marketing team on all aspects of business development.
- Contributes to writing of articles and other publications Responsibility for internal service/project (if applicable).
- Assists with management and delivery of internal service or project, including delivery of training and communication.
Management of Work Flow/Work Programme
- To plan own time and that of others to maximise staff utilisation and deliver a timely and efficient service to clients.
- To actively manage the work programme, providing solutions to bottle necks and under utilisation.
- To ensure all staff comply with the requirements to maintain the work programme and job tracking system.
- To work flexibly, where required to accommodate the needs of the whole department.
- To arrange pre-completion meetings with partners and completion meetings with clients on a timely basis.
- To review work in progress, fee budgets and debtors on a monthly basis, reporting any variances from the target to the relevant Corporate Services Partner/Director.
- To take an active role in the management of the Corporate Services Department, supporting partners and directors with departmental administration as required.
- To organise and contribute to departmental team briefings and training events, as required.
Management of Team Members
- To give clear and unambiguous instructions to managers and staff on assignments.
- To provide feedback to staff at the end of assignments, using the appropriate documentation.
- To encourage all team members to make useful contributions.
- To identify when staff members need support, and provide it, referring issues where appropriate to the relevant Partner/HR.
- Communicate the firms values.
- To conduct appraisals as appropriate.
Management of Students in Training (if applicable)
- To fulfil the responsibilities of qualified Student Counsellors, per the ICAEW guidelines.
- To ensure that staff get a good mix of audit and accounts experience, such that they are able to meet the requirements of the student competency framework, providing 1-2-1 accounts preparation training where necessary.
- To ensure that students are fully utilised and booked appropriately on the work programme.
- To ensure that students are obtaining formal feedback on assignments and maintaining relevant training records, including work based learning questions, where relevant.
- To sign students off as competent against framework at year-end.
- To ensure that students are preparing adequately for examinations.
- To authorise time off, sick leave, holiday.
- To deal with issues as they arise, referring to HR when appropriate.
- To ensure that staff feel supported, valued and appreciated.
- To provide regular feedback to staff and ensure training needs are met.
- To conduct six monthly student progress reviews, confirming to the QPRT that students are fit and proper to become members of the ICAEW.
- To ensure training programme is attended and is adequate for student needs (pre and post training evaluation).
- To manage and develop staff in training and following completion of training.
- To communicate the firm’s vision and values both externally and internally in a positive and motivational manner.
- To ensure partner/director are fully briefed well in advance of key meetings and presentations.
- To liaise with staff in other departments where applicable to provide holistic solutions based client service.
- To take an active role in own personal development.
- To manage personal time and working practices to maximize profitability and protect the good reputation of the firm.
- To maintain the highest standards of personal organisation, setting an example to more junior members of staff.
- To maintain and promote a clear desk policy.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications required
- Up to date technical knowledge of Auditing and Financial Reporting Standards.
- Departmental objectives and key performance indicators.
- Awareness of the firm’s services and product offering.
- ICAEW and /or ACCA exam structure, work experience and ethics training requirements.
- Appraisal system and CPD programme.
- Knowledge of student competencies.
- Is technically competent and compliant and gives due consideration to risk.
- Is able to produce realistic projections and comment on draft projections versus historic accounts.
- Generates ideas for clients and for the firm, striving for improvements and efficiencies.
- Plans to makes effective use of time and consistently meets deadlines.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Is able to undertake internal projects, communicate findings and see through to completion.
- Builds effective relationships internally across departments and externally.
- Works flexibly and considers the needs of the whole department.
- Is a positive influence within the team and deals with problems/issues constructively.
- Asks for feedback on own performance and seeks out opportunities for development.
- Develops others via motivational feedback, coaching, appraisal.
- Sets SMART objectives.
Qualifications: ACA/ACCA Qualified or qualified by experience