The role will involve a range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Managing the Client Support Team (CST)
- Managing Senior CST staff in respect of their additional responsibilities.
- Manage all CST staff in respect of the day-to-day operations of the CST function.
- Monitoring development of all CST staff, including training plans for new staff, such that they have the right skills / technical knowledge to perform their roles effectively.
- In the fullness of time, managing specialist CST staff (SIPP/SSAS support / corporate benefits support) in respect of their responsibilities and operations (e.g., due diligence reviews).
- Taking ownership and managing CST processes, to include reviewing and dealing with inconsistencies.
- Development of Xplan functionality for CST processes.
- Managing and auditing what is saved to client records and dealing with non-compliance.
- Overseeing CST projects and actions arising from meetings such as the MDT and actions arising from the Consumer Duty Assessments.
- Following up on file review CST actions and assessing for evidence of systemic issues.
- Organising regular CST meetings and appropriate training as per identified training gaps.
- Managing and monitoring CST KPIs e.g., turnaround times in respect of our service delivery and quality (as per our values of getting things right first time).
- Managing root cause analysis and responses for CST associated complaints, negative feedback and compensation, to continually improve.
- Management and review of CST templates and client facing documents.
- Managing timesheets / holiday requests / managing resource and office attendance.
- Attending FP Ops meetings.
- Experience of providing excellent client service.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Experience of reviewing and introducing procedures and processes.
- Client centric attitude and positive, adaptive approach.
- Highly numerate.
- IT literate.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Excellent attention to detail, letter writing skills, telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Understanding of working within a highly regulated environment and complying with FCA regulatory requirements.
- Someone who can very effectively manage a team.
- Someone who can develop a good team spirit and feeling of belonging to both a small support team and wider FP team.
- Someone who can instill camaraderie, motivate and energise the team, and intensify their passion for delivering first class client service in a compliant manner.
- Someone who is confident to speak up, with diplomacy and tact and have difficult conversations should they be required.
- Able to effectively manage own workload and that of the team, working well under pressure, and prioritising effectively.
- Motivated self-starter able to work well on own initiative but also able to work effectively as part of the wider team and willing to help others, or get involved in special projects, as appropriate, for the good of the wider department.
- Someone who strives to operate to the highest of standards and requires this of others.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and self-improvement and willingness to contribute ideas and provide assistance, both in helping to identify areas where our process could be. improved/made more efficient and in adapting our processes to reactive changes caused by regulatory requirements.
- Quick learner – ability to learn quickly and have a thirst for knowledge and self-development.
- Those with little understanding of financial planning, should have a desire to learn at least the basic technical aspects of the products we advise upon.
- A willingness to attend the office to coach / train / manage the team as appropriate.