We have an opportunity for a Commercial Broking Director to join MHA Financial Solutions Ltd, covering London and Kent. This role can be based in our London or Maidstone office.
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
Responsible for the acquisition of new business from MHA offices within your designated area, and for generating your own introductions from a range of introducers.
You will have day to day responsibility for managing the transition of each prospect to a client, for managing those clients whom you have obtained funding for, to ensure that the facilities are running smoothly, mediating on the clients behalf with the funders where necessary and ensure that if a client terminates a facility that you are given the opportunity to act on their behalf to obtain an alternative funding solution.
You should be able to explain clearly to MHA staff what funding options are available to their client’s and why you have chosen to place business with a specific funder. You will be responsible for presenting to MHA Partners, to networking events and seminars to build the MHA Financial Solutions Limited (MHAFS) brand.
As part of the team at MHAFS you will liaise with the Directors on an on-going basis as appropriate to provide input into the future direction and growth of the Company.
Qualifications and skills
- Are able to quickly gain a clear understanding of a prospects business and their funding needs so that MHAFS utilises the correct funder at every opportunity.
- Ability to be able to understand & identify the funding solutions available in the market.
- Be able to present to the prospect the suitable solutions and the benefits of each of them.
- Provide strategic guidance to clients on debt structures.
- Collate the information from the client and package it for the lender(s)
- Liaise between prospect and funder to ensure that each transaction is completed smoothly and in the appropriate time scales.
- Ensure have we have the appropriate agreements in place.
- Excellent sales negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills both written and verbal plus attention to detail.
- You must be financially literate and able to interpret a set of financial statements.
- Prior experience of using CRM system to plot and pro-actively manage the progress of each client.
- Proven ability to deliver sales targets within an agreed time frame.
- Communicate the core values of MHAFS and the MHA Group.
- Ability to create satisfactory presentation material for in house and external presentations.
- Ability to stay abreast, and report on all funding options that become available in the marketplace.
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Uncapped bonus scheme
- Competitive salary package
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.