To effectively manage and carry out production of corporate tax returns and computations for a portfolio of clients and assist in tax advisory projects.
- Control corporation tax compliance cycle for portfolio including the management of filings and payment deadlines.
- Where appropriate, integrate with audit process to ensure that corporation tax computations are prepared which are sufficient to prepare tax provisions and disclosures in audit clients’ statutory accounts.
- Where appropriate preparation of tax provisions and disclosures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
- Prepare and generate final corporation tax returns and computations using tax software (Alphatax –training available).
- Liaise with clients concerning their tax affairs including the preparation of advice
- Deal with HMRC enquiries into client’s tax affairs.
- Liaise with HMRC on clients’ behalf in respect of general matters.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that clients are billed for corporation tax compliance and advisory work on a timely basis.
- Coach junior staff where appropriate.
- Identify and become involved in tax planning opportunities Preparation of training and presentations internally and externally
- Involvement in tax marketing activity.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Newly qualified ACA or CTA
- At least 3 years in public practice.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax issues
- IT packages (Excel, Alphatax, Word)
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness / client focus
- Problem solving and decision making
- Commitment to deadlines, and ability to work well under pressure
- Be positive and committed to MHA in dealings with both clients and staff
- Team player with a consultative approach.
What we can offer
- Genuine work life balance.
- Accredited Investor in People.
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential.
- Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 days.
- Competitive salary.
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4,000 for a successful referral.
- Paid CSR time.
- Car lease scheme.
- And more!
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.