What are we looking for? –
The Role (Key responsibilities)
Working within our Private Client tax team to deliver a quality service to a portfolio of clients, the key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Managing a varied portfolio of personal tax clients, ensuring that all deadlines are met together with the firm’s standard for client service delivery.
- Building and maintaining strong long-term client relationships through regular contact and spotting opportunities to add value to the service we provide.
- Inputting of tax return data.
- Liaising with other departments within the firm taking a proactive approach to collating the necessary data.
- Listening to clients, understanding their needs and providing solutions, getting it right first time.
- Identifying potential planning opportunities with both new and existing clients.
- Reviewing work in progress, debtors and fee budgets on a monthly basis reporting to the manager.
- Supporting junior team members if required.
- Contributing as a team player, acting ethically and with professionalism whilst creating a friendly and positive working environment.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications required
- Experience, flexibility and aptitude to work on a wide range of assignments as they arise with desire and willingness to drive projects from the start through to completion.
- A natural ability to work well with people and be able to develop long lasting and trusting relationships with our clients.
- A commitment to delivering exceptional client service alongside being a good team player will be the key to success in this role.
- Able to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of P11D process.
- Well organized and able to competently prioritise workload and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Take initiative on projects and identify opportunities to generate additional advisory work.
- Strong communicator across all formats with the ability to tailor and adapt communication appropriate to the audience.
- Willing to support across other disciplines where needed.
- Be professional and trustworthy in order to progress relationships and build rapport with clients.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Meticulous and attentive.
- Has a solutions focused approach.
- Experience in delivering tax planning projects is desirable but not essential.
- Although not essential, we would consider previous Trust and/or Estates experience as a huge advantage and these candidates will be given priority as this is a key growth area for the department.