The role of Research and Development Tax Executive will entail working directly with Partners, you’ll support clients with claims for R&D tax relief and tax credits. This involves undertaking technical and financial assessment, liaison with HMRC, dealing with HMRC enquiries, and client management.
There is the potential to grow your career with the firm and we will provide a supportive learning environment with the opportunity to continue professional studies for the right candidate. At MHA, we pride ourselves on our award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for our staff, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we can offer our teams in their respective roles.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of R&D tax relief, with experience in an accountancy practice or a specialist R&D firm
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, IT or other areas of science or technology would be desirable
- You’re proactive and enjoy developing new business
- General knowledge and understanding of audit and accountancy issues
- You’re a competent user of MS Excel & Word
- You're organised and able to navigate conflicting priorities to deliver quality work on time
- You're positive and look for ways to fix things, whether working with clients or colleagues.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.