We have an opportunity for an VAT Assistant Manager to join our national specialist VAT team. This role can be based out of our Birmingham or Milton Keynes office.
Who we are
At MHA, we work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries and really get to grips with the inner workings of a company. This in-depth understanding allows us to offer new ways to help businesses fulfil their commercial potential.
Our culture is one of innovation and growth. We’re hungry to help businesses succeed and recognise that doing so will require creativity, individuality and flair. At MHA we want to uncover your potential. We nurture teams of talented individuals, enabling them to rise to new challenges.
- Raise awareness of VAT and promote good practice
- Research the client database and identify opportunities
- Liaise with partners/managers to ensure clients VAT issues are managed
- Provide training on VAT matters as required
- Managing retrospective VAT claims
- Manage the VAT team, including work delegation
- Responsible for overseeing the training of junior staff
Qualifications and skills
- Up to date technical knowledge of VAT issues
- Practical experience of VAT issues, either through tax environment or HM R&C background
- CTA qualified
- Self Motivation
- Good communication skills
- IT literate
Why join us
Over the last few years, we have won multiple industry awards such as National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year, Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year, Best Advisory Services and most recently the gold standard accreditation by Investors in People.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Recognition awards
- Paid CSR time
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- And more!
It's an exciting time to join the firm so take your next career step with us.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.