Key dates for healthcare professionals
Posted on: April 21st 2022 · read
If you are a self-employed healthcare professional, there are key dates during the financial year that you should be aware of to comply with NHS and HMRC regulations.
We have identified some of these below based on an accounts year-end of 31 March 2022.
31 March 2022
- The year-end accounts to be prepared to this date
- Personal income and expenditure statement to be prepared to this date
- Deadline for the GP Publication of earnings to be published on the practice website
5 April 2022
- Tax information for the tax year to 5 April to be provided to facilitate preparation of the Self-Assessment tax return
- The deadline for overpayment relief claims relating to tax returns for the tax year ended 4 years previously (please note exclusions apply and details of these are available on request)
- i.e. 2018/19 tax year overpayment relief deadline is 05/04/2023
31 July 2022
- Deadline for the 2nd payment on account of tax
- Deadline for the submission of the scheme pays election for the previous tax year’s annual allowance charge
- i.e. 2020/21 tax year deadline is 31 July 2022
31 October 2022
- Deadline for submission of paper tax returns
30 December 2022
- If unpaid tax is to be included in the PAYE code the self assessment tax return must be submitted by this date
31 January 2023
- Deadline for submission of tax returns
- Deadline for the payment of tax due for the previous year and first payment on account for the following tax year
28 February 2023
- Deadline for submission of Type 1 and Type 2 Certificates to PCSE
1 March 2023
- Deadline for submission of the Estimate of pensionable pay to PCSE
Can MHA help?
If you require any information regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact our specialist healthcare team.