Off Payroll Workers – Time to Review Existing Arrangements
Posted on: March 1st 2021 · read
The long-anticipated extension of the new ‘IR35’ rules into the Private Sector will start on 6 April 2021. These major employment tax changes will affect any medium or large-sized businesses who engage individuals via personal service companies (PSCs). These end clients will have significant new obligations to assess the employment tax status of PSC contractors who work for them and to operate PAYE / NIC accordingly.
Experience suggests that businesses in the private sector will need all the time available to them to prepare for the changes given the potential challenges around :
- Labour supply issues
- Business continuity issues;
- Liabilities to PAYE / NIC plus interest and penalties.
Hear how these new rules will work, how they will affect your business and consider what you should be doing NOW to ensure that your business is compliant from 6 April in our most recent IR35 webinar
- Richard Maitland, Partner
- Gordon Thrower, Senior Tax Manager
- Clair Williams, Senior Employment Tax Manager
- Download a copy of the presentation slides here
- Download a copy of our TOP TIPS for IR35 information sheet here
Get in touch
If you have any questions about any of the topics raised in the webinar or if you would like some advice about your IR35 planning, please get in touch with a member of the tax team from your local MHA firm using our online enquiry form