Complementing our established expertise in Renewables, Sustainability and ESG, MHA also have in house Green Finance specialists who are firmly focused on providing a one stop shop regarding lending and advisory services for clients to support them on their net zero journey.
MHA help clients meet climate change goals through sourcing finance, corporate advice, identifying ways of reducing overheads through green technology and renewable energy initiatives, building relationships with industry partners and providing all the necessary structures through specialised green finance solutions.
Sustainable Asset Finance
The main barrier to the adoption of new technologies is usually high up-front costs. Green Asset Finance increases the options available to businesses by supporting investments in sustainability, which can include these key benefits:
- Reduced overheads through investment in green technology
- Creates reductions in carbon footprint producing green credentials
- Enables investments in the latest equipment and technology and vehicles for sustainability focused purposes without paying full up-front costs.
- Reduces risks regarding exposure to assets declining in value or becoming obsolete.
- Balance sheet stability – balance sheets need only show future lease liabilities and not full asset liability
- Capital Allowance benefits – often capital allowance benefits are available as well, therefore reducing taxable income.
Green Asset Finance Insight and Events
Green Finance explained and what benefits it offers businessesFull details
Green Finance opportunities for the industrial sectorsFull details
Underwhelming support for UK’s green economy risks undermining Net Zero targets.Full details
Spring Budget 2023: Reduce VAT on public charging to drive EV transitionFull details
The importance of ESG when raising financeFull details
Refinancing or Capital Release
MHA can support clients with refinancing (capital release) if you have a renewable energy asset already installed and which has reduced energy bills and created an additional income stream. This may also have a feed in tariff or incentive woven in.
What are the benefits of refinancing (capital release)
- Cash injection - is a quick way to access the cash from your assets on your existing balance sheet and use that value elsewhere within your business. This could be either to
- fund or purchase something in particular or improve cash flow.
- Spread costs by extending terms further
- Allow faster decisions when negotiating business contracts.
Our Green Asset Finance team
Green finance is gaining increasing attention as a key tool in the fight against climate change and the transition to a sustainable and low carbon economy.
Savings through green tech are providing a clear case for investment and now is the time where businesses should strongly consider taking action to help them towards a sustainable cash flow and a greener future.
Typical types of technology we support customers on:
- Solar PV – roof / ground mounted
- Wind Turbines – Onshore / Offshore
- Biomass boilers
- LED lighting
- Battery Storage
- Air source heat pumps
- Ground source heat pumps
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Anaerobic digestion plants
- Electric vehicles (EV)
- Agri-tech solutions
- Recycling machinery
- EV charging infrastructure (public / private)
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
Why could renewables support your business?
If you answer yes to any of the below, we can help you find sustainable solutions:
- You are looking for long term energy security?
- Is your businesses energy usage increasing or already high?
- Is reducing reliance on the grid important to you?
- Your businesses require an increase to their electrical capacity?
- Is reducing electricity costs across your businesses a key aim?
- Your businesses strategy includes a commitment to reducing carbon emissions?
- Your businesses strategy includes a commitment to actively demonstrating ESG?
- Your buildings have available roof space not currently in use?
- You need additional power sources to support an electric fleet?
- You are struggling to know where to start with decarbonisation and your net zero journey?